יום שלישי, 19 במרץ 2013

I live in Asia. When did it happen?

I live in the worl's largest and most populous continent. I live squeezed between the Mediterranean sea, i.e. Atlantic Ocean, and the Red Sea, i.e. Indian Ocean. I know that the mountains of Lebanon are up north and the desert of Sinai is down South, despite I can't go to any of them. People often ask me: "at miHodu? ("are you from India?"). I only smile and politely answer 'no'. I live not far from Africa, also not far from Europe. But even though I live far away from the places of my childhood, teens, and early adulthood, because I live in Asia. 
When did it happen? I don't know. All I do know is that life changed abruptly and hands down I must confess that bringing life back to normality is much more difficult. Crossing the stormy sea was much easier than sailing on calm waters. For the first situation, you'd need tons of courage, audacity and clarity of mind to see what anyone has seen before. For the later, you need so much experience, patience and cold blood that the minimum mistake might sour everything. But I'm learning to lead the boat easily and I tell you... It takes too much strength.
But I live in the Middle East. Things are so unreal here. I speak a language spoken by maximum 9 million people on the globe. I write from right to left, see camels and sheeps along the roads, olive trees all over. The desert reminds me of how small I am. And the sea comes to show me the immensity that lies before my feet. Despite I live in the heart of the world I feel stranded on a crazy dream named Israel. I live in Asia and I don't even know when it happen, because it feels so much like home, that it seems i have ever been here and all the time when I wasn't here I was just finding my way HOME.
         

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה